I have to admit that I haven't really delved too much into the green-smoothie world, but I like this one so much that I havent had to try other recipes yet. I make this receipe almost every day and love it so much that I wanted to share it with you.
|Who doesnt like a breakfast smoothie in a beer pint?|
Yours should look greener than this if you follow the receipe below. I was running low on spinach this morning!
Add the following ingredients to a blender:
- About a handful of frozen strawberries
- One banana (frozen or not - although I have a friend who will only use frozen bananas in smoothies because of the added frothiness they provide)
- A big handful of spinach
- A tablespoon of flax seed
- Two tablespoons of oats
- Half a cup of organic, vanilla Greek yogurt
- About two - three cups of milk. I typically use coconut, soy or almond milk, but you can use dairy or whatever type you would prefer.
Blend it all together, pour into a cup, and voilà!
This is a delicious breakfast that will keep you full all morning.